I filtered the Clerk's Life email account, just for you the viewers, to answer your questions about the humiliating and apathetic world of video rental service.
Our first question is:
"Why are your new release kids movies on the bottom most shelf?"
That's fairly common question and you would think the answer would be fairly obvious. Well, the official answer is that children are small and their parents are over weight and lazy. Putting the movies on the bottom shelf enables the children to get at the movies easily and requires too much effort on the parents behalf to put it back, so they just end up renting it anyway.
However, several alternate answers are:
Kids movies + bottom shelf = bent over teenage mothers/soccer moms/etc
Kids belong on the floor.
My boss hates me and likes it when I hurt my back by bending over all the way to the floor 132 times a day.
Women in short skirts statistically enjoy children's films.
I don't know and I don't really care.
I hope that clears up some of the mysteries about video rental. Until next time!