Saturday, September 25, 2010

Argue With Me 2

It's standard practice for us to check the movies for scratches and fingerprints before we let a customer leave with a video, especially ones with a "these didn't work" warning on their account.

Customer I rented too the other night with a late balance totally over $100 and a note on their account that they pull the old "these didn't work" excuse for late movies comes in.

Customer: I'm returning these. They didn't work.

Me: Oh, sorry about that........<beep> <beep> Oh, these are 6 days over due.

Customer: Ya, but they didn't work.

Me: Why didn't you return earlier then? Or call us to let us know they were defective?

Customer: I dunno.....

Me: (Open rentals and examine discs) These are covered in what looks like mashed potatoes and maple syrup.

Customer: Ya, those were like that when I got them.

Me: You picked out two movies from different places in the store that both happened to be covered in mashed potatoes and syrup? Potatoes and syrup that can stay wet for over a week?

Customer: I dunno.....

Me: I think I would have noticed this when I rented them to you last week.

Customer: Oh, you did work then.

Me: Yep

Customer: They still didn't work.