Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MUMBLER!

I'm amused by Frisky Dingo as much as the next person. However, having a customer who speaks just like Simon with intermittent awkward pauses to stare blankly at me just isn't that fun. People who just ignore me when I greet them when they enter do not typically raise my hopes for a pleasant encounter. But seeing these guys that I can only describe as being mutated clones of Dexter Holland with an essence of white-suburban-skateboard-Rastafarian-ginger-asshole, I abandoned all hope. I somehow managed to gather that the first guy (the bigger one) didn't have an account from his "hrmmmumblebumblemmmmm..no...card-mble" Though I must have heard him wrong (imagine that) cause I then got what I can only call "the stink eye" followed by his ID, and in fact the guy did have an account. Which he was pleased/pissed about by stating "harglmubdingtubkingoot." and then waving his credit card about while looking confused.
Was he looking for a place to swipe? Was he swatting away fanged miniature seagulls? My only clue came when he handed me his card (eventually) explaining to me "termmudlefrohlgummmmbledewprombleyoggiesobmoble." 

The smaller one of the two did rent as well and was a slightly better at forming words understandable by people other than molemen and  merloks. But came with an interesting amount of dysfunction.

Me: Is that all today?
Them: Hrmgarbleopp-Ya
Me: What is your account number?
Them: (Looks around the store then stares at me)
Me: Do you have an account?
Them: No
Me: Would you like to set up an account today?
Them: (looks around) No
Me: Oh, will you be using his(pointing to big guy) account then?
Them: No (looks around)
Me: Well these have to be rented to an account to leave the store.
Them: URGGARBLETOOBLARG! (looks around) I'll use his then.

Seriously guys, WTF?